Host an Event
Do you have an idea for a community event during the 2019 COSI Science Festival? Fill out the short, 5 minute proposal form below.
We believe something really special happens when people come together to inspire their community through creative collaboration. Join us in our mission to rally STEM professionals and leading organizations from across the Columbus region to create an epic celebration of everything STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math)!
Event Categories / Themes
One of the primary goals of the COSI Science Festival is to make sure that quality science engagement opportunities take place all throughout Franklin County. In order to expand the reach of the Festival, geographically diverse organizations are needed to host events that fall into the categories below.
Have an event idea that doesn’t fit in one of the above categories? Not a problem. Fill out the proposal form below and give us as many details as possible.
Details for Hosting an Event
- Event logistics and costs are provided entirely by the event host and/or partners.
- All participating organizations must return a signed Indemnification Form and Certificate of Insurance.
- Event hosts must participate in a planning calls, event check-ins, and/or walk-throughs.
- Event must take place May 1 – 3, 2019.
- The event may be free (or free with admission) or ticketed to cover production costs only.
- Events should be fun, clever, interactive, experiential, and meaningful, with a focus on drawing connections to STEM.
- Submit your event proposal.
What Does CSF Provide to Host Organizations?
- Support and guidance throughout the planning process
- Planning calls and trainings for hosts
- Connections to other CSF Partners for collaboration on your event
- Connections to area STEM experts for added event content
- Marketing support and promotional materials
- Event support: CSF Volunteer and way-finding signage
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to be taken to the proposal form. It should take approximately 5 minutes to fill out and asks for the general concept of your event. If we approve your event proposal we will reach back out in November / December to finalize all the details and logistics.
We encourage organizations to work together to plan events. The more collaboration, the better! We would be happy to recommend partners with whom you might share responsibility.
Absolutely! Our goal is to have close to 65 events during the community days of the CSF (May 1 – 3). If you have more than one event idea, and the resources to make them successful, we welcome your proposals. If you have questions, feel free to contact us before submitting event proposals to discuss.
Of course! If you think you have the ability to offer a repeat of your program, feel free to include that information in your proposal.
We ask that you use the CSF logo in marketing or promotional material you create for your event. CSF logos can be found on our website at COSISciFest.org > About CSF > News and Media > Press Room (at the bottom of the page).
The final day of the COSI Science Festival, May 4, 2019, is reserved for the Science Carnival on the Peninsula. We don’t want any competing events on this day so that all businesses, universities, organizations, etc. can host an exhibitor booth and all attendees can enjoy the culminating event of the COSI Science Festival!