HOST AN EVENT
2022 Event Proposal Submissions will begin January 1st, 2022 and run through February 18th, 2022.
At this time, we are planning for the 2022 COSI Science Festival to return to a predominately in-person celebration. If you prefer to host a digital event, please reach out to Alan Goss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The COSI Science Festival relies on businesses, organizations, museums, cultural and educational institutions, scientists, engineers, designers, and technologists to contribute content to programs, host events, and create STEM projects during the COSI Science Festival. Join us in our effort to develop high-impact programs that elevate science literacy in our community and beyond.
We believe something really special happens when people come together to inspire their community through creative collaboration. Join us in our mission to rally STEM professionals and leading organizations from across the Columbus region to create an epic celebration of everything STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math)!
One of the primary goals of the COSI Science Festival is to make sure that quality science engagement opportunities take place all throughout Central Ohio. In order to expand the reach of the Festival, geographically diverse organizations are needed to host events that fall into the categories below.
Be A Scientist Series
Host an event at your location displaying the cool STEM you do! Be A Scientist events provide behind-the-scenes access to the region’s labs, nature centers, museums, and more to learn what STEM experts do on a daily basis – all while having fun!
Adult Science Series
Whether your event requires attendees to be 21+ or is simply content for an older audience, help us prove that it’s never too late to have fun with science!
Have an event idea that doesn’t fit in one of the above categories? Not a problem. You can always submit a proposal for any event idea that you have.
Details for Hosting an Event
- Event costs and materials are provided entirely by the event host and/or partners.
- Event hosts must participate in planning calls, event check-ins, and/or rehearsals.
- Event must take place during the festival May 4 – 6, 2022 but not on May 7th, the final day when the Big Science Celebration takes place at COSI.
- The event may be free (or free with admission) or ticketed to cover production costs only.
- Events should be fun, clever, interactive, experiential, and meaningful, with a focus on drawing connections to STEM.
What does CSF provide to host organizations?
- Support and guidance throughout the planning process
- Scheduling and platform help
- Planning calls and trainings for hosts
- Connections to other CSF Partners for collaboration on your event
- Connections to area STEM experts for added event content
- Marketing support and promotional materials
Science Festival logos can be found here.