The COSI Science Festival invites you to join in the fun and showcase the STEAM occuring in your organization.
CSF community events...
come in many formats:
These events can come in an array of formats. Small, intimate events such as nature walks or a tour may attract a half dozen people, well known speakers or high profile events may attract thousands. No event is too large or too small for the COSI Science Festival.
are produced by many different groups and individuals:
The COSI Science Festival relies on businesses, organizations, museums, cultural and educational institutions, scientists, engineers, designers, and technologists to contribute content to programs, host events, and create STEM projects during the COSI Science Festival. Join us in our effort to develop high-impact programs that elevate science literacy in our community and beyond.
celebrate STEAM concepts:
Ultimately, COSI Science Festival events share several common bonds. Festival events celebrate science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics and their impacts on our world. Festival events are fun, engaging, and demonstrate that science is everywhere and for everyone. They also don’t have to be an entirely new idea. If you’re a STEAM organization, most likely something you’re already doing fits in. These events aim to celebrate your organization’s STEM work and showcase what you’re doing to event participants. We believe something really special happens when people come together to inspire their community through creative collaboration.
Interested in hosting an event?
Explore more below and submit an application
STEM event host timeline:
- In person events are typically located in Ohio, but virtual events are also perfectly acceptable.
- Have an idea for something that isn’t in Ohio? Let’s talk! – [email protected]
- Event should occur during the COSI Science Festival, however events that begin prior to the Festival but culminate during the Festival may also be acceptable. Events should not occur on May 6th, the day of the Big Science Celebration at COSI.
- Science, technology, engineering, art, and/or mathematics should be a significant component of the event.
- Host accepts all responsibility for the event, including organization, content, staffing, etc.
- Event should be accessible to the general public. Free events are encouraged.
- Host agrees to promote the event as a COSIScifest event.
- Host agrees to provide COSI with requested feedback
- Festival organizers may reject events that are determined to be excessively commercial. Festival organizers reserve the right to reject any event for any reason.
COSI Science Festival organizers work with hosts to maximize attendance and to ensure that every event meets Festival standards. To assist hosts, the Science Festival will:
- Promote events on the COSI Science Festival website as part of the online calendar.
- Promote events via the COSI social media feeds and through a statewide marketing campaign.
- Provide hosts with a COSI Science Festival branding tool kit such as event signage, advertising templates and the COSI Science Festival logo for use with print and electronic marketing efforts.
- Provide hosts with COSI Science Festival swag
- Creates a unique URL for hosts to use to promote events within their communities.
- COSI will send a COSI representative as available.
One of the primary goals of the COSI Science Festival is to make sure that quality science engagement opportunities take place all throughout Central Ohio. In order to expand the reach of the Festival, geographically diverse organizations are needed to host events that fall into the categories below.
Be A Scientist Series: Host an event at your location displaying the cool STEM you do! Be A Scientist events provide behind-the-scenes access to the region’s labs, nature centers, museums, and more to learn what STEM experts do on a daily basis – all while having fun!
Possible events include lectures, expos, science cafes, family science events, exhibitions and performances.
The COSI Science Festival team will review submitted events and ensure they meet our selection criteria. Events that meet the selection criteria are named “Official Events.” If a proposed event does not meet the selection criteria, Festival staff will contact the event organizer to suggest modifications.
Need help with an event idea?
If you’d like to host an event but need an idea, we can help. The Festival team is happy to consult with members of your organization to discuss event possibilities and to connect you with like-minded STEM professionals in your region. For more information, please contact: [email protected]