Host an Event
We believe something really special happens when people come together to inspire their community through creative collaboration. Join us in our mission to rally STEM professionals and leading organizations from across the Columbus region to create an epic celebration of everything STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math)!
Event Categories / Themes
One of the primary goals of the COSI Science Festival is to make sure that quality science engagement opportunities take place all throughout Franklin County. In order to expand the reach of the Festival, geographically diverse organizations are needed to host events that fall into the categories below.
Have an event idea that doesn't fit in one of the above categories? Not a problem. You can always submit a proposal for any event idea that you have. Proposals for 2020 are not yet open. Check back in the fall for more info.
Details for Hosting an Event
- Event logistics and costs are provided entirely by the event host and/or partners.
- All participating organizations must return a signed Indemnification Form.
- Event hosts must participate in a planning calls, event check-ins, and/or walk-throughs.
- Event must take place during the festival but not on the final day when the Big Science Celebration takes place.
- The event may be free (or free with admission) or ticketed to cover production costs only.
- Events should be fun, clever, interactive, experiential, and meaningful, with a focus on drawing connections to STEM.
- Submit your event proposal.
What Does CSF Provide to Host Organizations?
- Support and guidance throughout the planning process
- Planning calls and trainings for hosts
- Connections to other CSF Partners for collaboration on your event
- Connections to area STEM experts for added event content
- Marketing support and promotional materials
- Event support: CSF Volunteer and way-finding signage
Frequently Asked Questions
2020 COSI Science Festival community event proposals are not yet open. Check back in late summer.
We encourage organizations to work together to plan events. The more collaboration, the better! We would be happy to recommend partners with whom you might share responsibility.
If you have more than one event idea, and the resources to make them successful, we welcome your proposals. Please do a separate proposal for each individual event.
Of course! If you think you have the ability to offer a repeat of your program, feel free to include that information in your proposal.
We ask that you use the CSF logo in marketing or promotional material you create for your event. CSF logos can be found on our website at COSISciFest.org > About CSF > News and Media > Press Room (at the bottom of the page).
The final day of the COSI Science Festival is reserved for the Big Science Celebration. We don’t want any competing events on this day so that all businesses, universities, organizations, etc. can host an exhibitor booth and all attendees can enjoy the culminating event of the COSI Science Festival!