HOST AN EVENT
2021 event submissions will open on February 1, 2021!
All 2021 events will be digital. Events will use miscellaneous platforms including some social media sites, Zoom Webinar, and others. COSI would love to hear about any platforms you may be interested in using.
We believe something really special happens when people come together to inspire their community through creative collaboration. Join us in our mission to rally STEM professionals and leading organizations from across the Columbus region to create an epic celebration of everything STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math)!
One of the primary goals of the COSI Science Festival is to make sure that quality science engagement opportunities take place all throughout Central Ohio. In order to expand the reach of the Festival, geographically diverse organizations are needed to host events that fall into the categories below.
Be A Scientist! Event Series
Adult Science Series
Have an event idea that doesn’t fit in one of the above categories? Not a problem. You can always submit a proposal for any event idea that you have.
Details for Hosting an Event
- Event costs and materials are provided entirely by the event host and/or partners.
- Event hosts must participate in a planning calls, event check-ins, and/or rehearsals.
- Event must take place during the festival May 5 – 7, 2021 but not on the final day when the Big Science Celebration takes place.
- The event may be free (or free with admission) or ticketed to cover production costs only.
- Events should be fun, clever, interactive, experiential, and meaningful, with a focus on drawing connections to STEM.
What does CSF provide to host organizations?
- Support and guidance throughout the planning process
- Scheduling and platform help
- Planning calls and trainings for hosts
- Connections to other CSF Partners for collaboration on your event
- Connections to area STEM experts for added event content
- Marketing support and promotional materials
Frequently Asked Questions
We will work to partner content providers with event hosts looking for additional content opportunities.
Potentially. Please submit an application for each event, and we will accommodate as space allows.
Potentially. Please submit an application for each time, and we will accommodate as space allows.
Yes. Both the Events, and BSC will have separate applications and needs.
We ask that you use the CSF logo in marketing or promotional material you create for your event. CSF logos can be found on our website at COSISciFest.org > About CSF > News and Media > Press Room (at the bottom of the page).
The final day of the COSI Science Festival is reserved for the Big “At Home” Science Celebration. We don’t want any competing events on this day so all attendees can enjoy the culminating event of the COSI Science Festival!